For existing and new members
What this privacy notice covers
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduces greater transparency so that individuals know how their personal data is used, gain more control over it and know their privacy is respected and that their data is protected. Ayr Curling Club takes privacy seriously and is committed to protecting personal information appropriately and meeting its regulatory requirements. In this notice, references to ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Ayr Curling Club. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
What we need
Ayr Curling Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide us in this renewal or new application for membership form, unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member of Ayr Curling Club or renew your membership we will ask you for the following personal information:
• contact details – name, address, telephone number(s), email address, mother club and date of birth.
• membership criteria / category – player, reserve or non-player.
• equality information – gender identity and disability information.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership which enable you to curl at Ayr Ice Rink. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services including
• set up your Scottish Curling online membership account and administer your account online; and
• send you membership communication by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals and information on membership fees.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect, then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in the sport of Curling by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we may use for promotional, education and development purposes;
• provide competition in the sport of Curling by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered in to the correct category;
• invite our members to our annual end of season dinner by email/telephone;
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the sport of Curling. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate; and
• ensure that curlers who play at Ayr Ice Rink are members of Ayr Curling Club.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at email@example.com or by post to the address of the current Club Secretary. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
• the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers can undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
• The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
• If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our curling competitions or other events, we may share this with Scottish Curling, Ayr Curling Club and the local press for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
• We may be required to share your personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations may include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
• We may also share your personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
• If we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purpose and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process that personal information in accordance with those purposes.
• As an affiliated club of Scottish Curling we are required to ensure that all our (playing) members are members of Scottish Curling as a condition of affiliation. We will share your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, date of birth, and any other information they may require with Scottish Curling who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Curling’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here https://www.scottishcurling.org/privacy-policy/
• We may share your personal information with members of the Ayr Curling Club, areas and provinces of Scottish Curling, Ayrshire Curlers Ltd and any other ice rinks for the purposes of participation in curling
•We will not share your details with any other third party, other than those identified, without your prior consent.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored in locked cabinets and electronically on desktops/laptops and other devices, which are password protected and protected by appropriate anti-virus, anti-spam etc. software. Your personal information is accessed by our appointed Club Secretary and, when required, by our Club Treasurer for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for five years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer to confirm your identity,
when you were a member of ACC and for how long. We need to do this in the event of a claim against ACC.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address of the current Club Secretary.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by ACC will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
This privacy document applies only to Ayr Curling Club
If you have used any links to other websites, such as Facebook, World Curling Federation etc. you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this Policy